Friday, February 11, 2011

Stick a Fork in It!

So said Megan McCardle on January 20, 2010, referring to Obama Care.
http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2010/01/stick-a-fork-in-it-its-done/33859/#. 
Two months and three days later it was signed into law, fork notwithstanding. 

I don't mean to pick on Ms. McCardle.  That was a common opinion among conservatives at the time.  After the special election of Scott Brown, I was told by someone with connections to Republicans on the Hill that the Democratic staffers were already leaving Washington to go start the campaigns back home, and that there definitely wouldn't be any big legislation until after the elections.  In my dreams!

The thing is that its easy to believe that the things you want the most will come to pass.  And the reaction of conservatives on the net to the Florida ruling reminds me a lot of their reaction to Scott Brown.  I hope they're right and I'm not, but I'm worried that's not the case. 

That's why I think we need to take every other action we can to fully repeal Obama Care as
soon as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment